With summer internships coming to a close (and that extra two weeks of summer that skipping OGI gives us *wink wink*), we’re finally finding some time to read books that we’ve chosen for ourselves! In case you’d like to follow along with us, check out the list of favorite books that our fellows compiled.
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander
- We Should All Be Feminists – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Enrique’s Journey – Sonia Nazario
- Gendered Asylum – Sara McKinnon
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- Just Mercy – Bryan Stevenson
- Locked In – John Pfaff
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Random Family – Adrian Nicole LeBlanc
- Evicted – Matthew Desmond
- Racecraft – Karen & Barbara Fields
- $2.00 a Day: Living on Almost Nothing in America – H. Luke Shaefer & Kathryn Edin
- There There – Tommy Orange
- On the Rez – Ian Frazier
Hope you enjoy reading these as much as we have! Leave us a comment to let us know what you think about the books we’ve picked or to add to the list!